For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.
Q: How do I know for sure I need a new roof?
A: Older roofing shingles and wood shakes typically have a 15- to 30-year lifespan depending on the shingles’ quality, the location and tree cover of your home, and how well the roof was installed originally. Direct sunlight, weather/wind, and poor roof deck ventilation are rough roofs. Check for these warning signs:
Loss of the asphalt granulation (looks like bald spots)
Evidence of leaking on your ceilings
Cracked or discolored interior drywall (painted or wallpapered)
Broken or damaged shingles
Rusted or missing flashing
If a residential roof is over 10 years old, we recommend you call us out for a look. Sometimes damage isn’t visible to the untrained eye on the ground, and catching it early can avoid expensive interior repairs in the future.
Q: If I see any of these roofing warning signs, are we talking repair or total roof replacement?
Q: How much does a new roof cost?
Don’t choose a roofing contractor on cost alone. Price is a factor, but not the only factor you should consider. Quality roofing material and contractor workmanship have value. Hiring the cheapest roofing contractor could cost more in the long run when you consider the cost to repair sub-par roofing and the damage it causes.
Get a roofing estimate for an accurate idea. A.A.R company’s estimates are convenient, fair, no obligation and you don’t have to be home.
Q: How do I know what type of roofing shingle is best for my roof and my budget?
A: This is a roofing question where aesthetics and finances come into play. Not one roofing shingle manufacturer compensates A.A.R to promote their products.
Q: Will I have to replace gutters and downspouts at the same time?
Q: How long will it take a roofing company to install my new roof?
Three crews are involved—roof removal, roof installation and gutters. Roofing vendors deliver sheeting and shingles. Our trained roofing contractors stay on schedule to coincide with two or three required city inspections. It takes a lot of coordination and A.A.R. company are pros.
Q: Is there anything I need to do to before the roofer company starts?
A: Roof replacement and roofing repair is messy and noisy process. Consider going somewhere else for about two to three hours once roofing contractors start removing the old roofing shingles to avoid all the noise. Keep pets in mind too. There’s no way around it. But we do all we can to minimize hassle and inconvenience during the roofing process.
- If your garage doesn’t have a ceiling, our roofers will place tarps to keep debris from falling into your garage. After the solid decking is installed, we’ll remove the tarps and use a blower to clean out the dust.
- Park your cars in the street. The roof removal trucks need to back up to the house. You’ll save your tires from nails and your car from dust and falling debris.
- Use common sense and protect any item that you would be upset about if it broke. Many contractors tell you to remove pictures from walls, chandeliers from the ceiling, knickknacks from shelves, etc. With over 1,247+ roofs under our belt, we have never heard a customer say that anything fell off their walls or shelves. Seems like a lot of work for a problem that we have never experienced.
- If you have a paver or some other form of decorative driveway, we will cover it with plywood to protect the surface from roofing vehicles and falling shingle debris.
- If you have a swimming pool, close the pool cover. If you don’t have a cover, we’ll tarp it too. Roofing debris can stain plaster finishes.
Q: And what if my new roof leaks? Then what?
Regarding roofing shingle installation and roofing contractor workmanship: A.A.R. workmanship warranty is very clear with as little legal jargon as possible. The integrity of our roofing work is reflected in the warranty, which of course, is transferable to the new owner should you sell your home.
This is one of the best roofing workmanship warranties nation wide and it’s how we earned the trust of over 1,247+ roofing customers.